- To be a realtime fractal explorer working right in the browser.
- To be reasonably complete while remaining dead simple to use.
- To be a platform to share places and pictures of fractal sets.
- To be a simple and welcoming open source project.
- To be compatible with latest Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE>11 on the desktop.
- Mandelbrot set
- Multibrot 3
- Burning Ship
- John Tippetts Mandelbrot
- Julia set (just one example)
- Phoenix set
- ...don't be shy, why not adding your own?
How to setup
In order to setup the FractalJS project at home, it is advised to use Bower. Alternatively, you can install all dependencies (listed in
bower.json) by hand in
Grunt is used to compile, minify and distribute the project, but its usage is optional, and the project is designed to run uncompiled directly from the
src directory. You will need node.js in order to use Grunt.
The complete setup is:
$ bower install $ npm install $ grunt serve